Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Sixth Highcroft Mask

I recall in 2003 cycling past the Highcroft hospital cricket ground on the way to Occupational therapy to do some sculpture and a tree had been cut down near to the cricket ground .

I went to see the O.T. Woodwork Instructor and asked if I could have some help in getting one or two of the branches back to the woodwork section

A couple of the other patients helped me to use a trolley to get some of the wood ..

I never found out what the wood was .. It was very wet and yet as it dried the resin bonded it into a very hard wood indeed ...It cut well though, like the Copper Beech I had also found in the grounds from a tree which had made 3 "masks" previously ...

I never gave this one eyes and perhaps it sleeps in a witness sleep for all of us who were in the Highcroft Hospital ..

No comments: